The Commission’s Strategic Plan 2014-2018 (PDF 498KB) outlines the objectives to achieve its vision:
- to minimise the possibility of criminal or unethical activity in order to satisfy stakeholders’ expectations in relation to the regulation and oversight of gaming and wagering operations in the Territory;
- to minimise the negative impact caused by problem gambling;
- to keep informed about developments in gambling harm minimisation strategies and research conducted into problem gambling;
- to provide the community with factual information about gambling products so that people can make informed choices about their gambling;
- to provide the community with information about problem gambling, including how and where to obtain assistance;
- to achieve timely and effective consultation with stakeholders to enable informed decisions when reviewing gambling legislation and policies;
- to keep informed about developments in gaming and wagering activities and regulatory practices, including emerging technologies; and
- to ensure that resources are efficiently and effectively allocated to achieve its objectives including the development of staff.
The Commission’s Strategic Plan identifies the key stakeholders and clients of the Commission as the:
- ACT community;
- ACT Government;
- ACT Legislative Assembly;
- Territory’s licensed gaming and wagering providers and their customers; and
- Commission staff.