Our customers are:
- the ACT Government;
- the ACT Gambling & Racing Industry; and
- the ACT community.
- strive to prevent or eliminate illegal activity within the gambling and racing sector;
- ensure that persons and organizations conducting gambling and racing activities in the ACT are suitable to conduct gambling and racing activities;
- ensure that staff involved in the delivery of gambling and racing services are of good character and reputation;
- ensure that gambling and racing activities are conducted fairly and in accordance with relevant legislation and any associated rules and guidelines; and
- ensure that the ACT Government receives the correct amount of tax and other fees associated with gambling and racing activities.
What you can expect from us
The Commission aims to provide a high standard of service to its customers by providing an honest, impartial and professional level of service in accordance with Government policy and recognised "best practice" principles.
We strive to provide an initial response to all written enquiries and correspondence within 5 working days of their receipt.
Licensing applications will be processed as soon as possible.
The Commission's office will be open between 8.30 am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
How you can help us:
- by providing feedback on how we can improve our services or service standards; and
- by responding to our requests for information in a timely and accurate manner.
If you have a suggestion about how we can improve our service delivery, or have a complaint about the service provided, please contact the Commission by telephone, letter or email.